OPEN CALL – 7x Picanto.ca:
$5000 Music-Video production Investment
***APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED***
Picanto.ca is looking to invest in the creation of 7 new video productions or live streams to be premiered on the Picanto.ca website in November -December 2021. Each of the chosen productions will receive an investment of $5,000 in video production fees.
Please read the text below in its entirety before submitting:
Conditions of Admissibility
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a Canadian production company
- Proposed work must have its world premiere on Picanto.ca; we are looking for previously un-released content.
- All music in the proposed project must be by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Each proposed video should be between 30 and 60 minutes in duration. This can be one long piece, several shorter pieces, a live streaming concert, a studio session, or even abstract video art – be creative!
- All music in the proposed project must fall into the 9 Picanto.ca featured music genres: Jazz/Improvised music, Chamber, Indigenous, Vocal/Choral, Electroacoustic, Sonic Exploration/musique actuelle, Inter-cultural, Opera, Orchestral.
How to Apply and Important dates:
DEADLINE July 15th 2021 (new date)
Selection will be made by a cross-Canada jury of 5 artist-peers. The jury will consider the effectiveness of the proposed project as a video presentation, the technical viability of the project (including the creative and production teams) and will choose a range of projects that represent the diversity of musical approaches and regions across the country. All decisions are final.
- By the end of August 2021: Winners are announced
- November 15th 2021*: Selected works are submitted and presented as part of a new Picanto.ca project (*Date subject to change because of COVID restrictions)
- Videos to be premiered on Picanto.ca in late 2021 or early 2022 (TBC)
Finally, please be advised:
We realise this is a tight schedule, and encourage you to look at existing, previously un-released work, or projects that are already in the planning and pre-production stages.
We plan to continue these types of collaborations, so we can all work together to create and disseminate more creative Canadian music productions in the coming seasons. So share this website with any friends or colleagues who might be interested in projects like this in the future.